Veros were appointed by Palmerston North City Council to lead the delivery of Whakarongo Residential Subdivision, Tamakuku Terrace – a quality residential subdivision and associated amenity that represents best practice in design, community engagement and commerciality.
Recent sustained growth in Palmerston North has resulted in a shortage of new housing and increased property prices. Veros Property were engaged by Palmerston North City Council, with the Development Management team leading the delivery of a comprehensively designed new housing development on the existing urban fringe in Whakarongo, 10min east of the Palmerston North CBD. Veros has since led all aspects of the project on Council’s behalf, providing an approach attune to the private sector to a publicly backed project.
In applying our depth of knowledge, Veros has achieved the following towards Tamakuku Terrace:
- An increase in overall project yield – both the number of allotments yielded and the quality of saleable product,
- Mitigation of the primary project risk (flooding) by negotiating an outcome to the satisfaction of Council, Kiwirail and adjacent landowners
- The endorsement of Palmerston North City Council’s property team of the urban design scheme plan and project strategy
- Positive feedback from the market in the saleability of allotments upon completion
- Approval to proceed through detailed design, presales and early contractor engagement
Head to the Tamakuku Terrace website to learn more.