Today it has been announced that the Government is investing $1.5 million into Rotorua’s QE Health & Wellness Centre. This is a big win for a local project that our team has put a lot of ambition and vision into over the last few years.
On Rotorua Iwi, Ngati Whakaue land, and in a high profile and prominent position on the Rotorua Lakefront, the project is a true partnership that will deliver a world-class result for the community. Whilst we are specialists and know this stuff inside and out, for this project we have a great client and an excellent team that collaborates and works well together and that is the key to our success so far.
The QE Health & Wellness Centre will once again provide a state of the art facility in health and wellbeing for New Zealanders, but will also put Rotorua back on the international wellness and spa tourism map.
Appointed as Project Managers in late 2019, this project needed to move quickly and with confidence to deliver the QE Health Centre project. Within 3 months our team of experts had successfully delivered shaped the concept into a shovel ready project, by completing:
- Project Execution Plan
- Fast-tracked design progressing through Concept Design, Preliminary Design & Developed Design
- The geotechnical and structural design response to challenging soil conditions
- Pre-application consent meetings with Rotorua Lakes Council & stakeholders with a true collaborative partnership approach
- Base build detailed design including Architecture, Structural engineering, Geothermal water use, Services engineering, and Civil engineering.
- Funding partnership milestone reporting
We look forward to leading the successful delivery of the state-of-the-art QE Health facility, to deliver a project that achieves a great outcome for the Rotorua community in an otherwise trying time for New Zealand and the tourism sector.
Works are expected to start this month.